Monday, February 18, 2019

The Atlas of Disease: Mapping deadly epidemics and contagion from the plague to the zika virus

38509772

Being a physician albiet a Radiologist, I decided to check this book out called " The Atlas of Disease" and to be honest it brought back all those memories of medical school Microbiology lectures. I have to admit I barely remember a fraction of what I knew about the subject matter from back in med school.but this book provided a quick refresher. Obviously this time I enjoyed reading the book rather than trying to cramp for some exam. 

The pathogens are categorized depending on their origin with brief historic significance regarding their origin, geographical distribution, signs, symptoms and just fun tit-bits about the entity. 

If you are  a student of infectious diseases getting a PhD or a medical resident/fellow or a medical student this book will make a good addition to your book shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment