Thursday, February 14, 2019

How Finance Works The HBR Guide to Thinking Smart About the Numbers by Mihir Desai

How Finance Works: The HBR Guide to Thinking Smart About the Numbers
Awesome book on the subject by Mihir Desai is what this book is. I have been trying to educate myself for quite sometime about Stock Market and Investing. I have read few books on the subject matter and while most books that I have read addresses at least one to two chapters on decoding a financial statements, I have never found the coverage satisfactorily. They just list definitions and equations but in this book that is entirely dedicated to understanding the subject matter of finance, the author takes a didactic approach and walks you through the concepts in a very tutored environment. The definitions are clear and easy to understand and periodically there are vignettes to make you reflect on whatever is being discussed. If you are looking for a book to familiarize yourself with financial concepts and lingo or learning how to evaluate a company before investing in it or are starting a job or already in a job that requires you to communicate with financial personnel this book is for you. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a book that is easy to read and comprehensible enough even for someone with no commerce or business background.

P.S: This book has been given to me by Harvard Business Review Press for my unbiased opinion of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment