Saturday, July 27, 2019

Army of Empire: The Untold Story of the Indian Army in World War I by George Morton-Jack

43523860. sy475

Disclaimer: This book was provided to me by the publisher in return for my honest opinion.

Well written book with enormous amount of who's who hard to keep track of. The book started out really well with discussion of factors that caused many illiterate Indians to enlist in the British army. However, as the chapters progress the subject matter becomes dense and one is most likely going to lose the track of the characters. Certainly not the book if you are going to read it casually but I doubt the book wasn't written to be read casually on the beach anyways. I couldn't finish the book in it's entirety but I really enjoyed most of the book and if you are a military history buff you will like this book. I personally am more interested in WWII history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment