Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The Sweeney Sisters by Lian Dolan

49978226

Disclaimer: I was given this book by the publisher for free in return for my unbiased opinion and review.

So here it goes. When I am considering a fiction book I look for two things. Easy readability and average to above average story plot. This book fulfills both my criteria. Lian Dolan has done a good job in this book portraying characters from an ultra-suburban and dysfunctional family of 3 sisters. The book revolves around now dead William Sweeney(the father) and his short comings as a father, as a husband and as a decent man. That is only equaled by the fact that he use to be a famous and renowned writer. There is also a child born out of marriage to make this saga of Sweeney sisters more interesting. There is good mix of peripheral characters that add substance to the story. Overall, I think people are going to enjoy this easy read. It's not a nail biting what's next kind of book but the flow of story is maintained through out to keep a reader interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment