Thursday, September 13, 2018

Becoming Andy Warhol

38641677

Thank you Abrams Books for forwarding me a copy of Becoming Andy Warhol's latest edition. This book is my first comic book and I didn't know if I will end up being a fan of comic books or abandon them forever. Well, I am on a fence with my decision. While the pictures and illustrations are done well, it is hard to figure out the characters and who says what making it difficult to follow the story. Also, the story is fast forwarded version of Andy's struggle with art world and his eventual fame as a pop artist. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as I like a coherent story versus having to decipher the emotions, expressions and verbal tone from graphics. But if you are fan of adult comic books then you might want to check this book out.  Keep up the good work Nick Bertozzi and Pierce Hargan.

P.S: I still think I should buy the illustrated/graphic version of American Gods.

P.S: The first Andy Warhol art piece I saw was at my residency director's office. That was my introduction to pop art.

No comments:

Post a Comment